Skin allergy is a common skin problem faced by many people. Its symptoms include rash, raised bumps, redness, itching, flaking of skin, cracked skin and swelling and these generally go away in a week or two with treatment or on its own. There are different types of skin allergy like contact dermatitis, eczema, atopic dermatitis, urticaria and angioedema. There are ways to treat is at home. Let’s read about it.
- The best way to avoid or stop a skin allergy is to avoid contact with the allergen.
- Cold Shower- a cold bath or cool compress can calm a burning rash and help reduce skin irritation and allergies. A cold shower causes shrinking of blood vessels and doesn’t allow histamine to ooze out. After taking the shower, gently pat dry and moisturize.
- Do not wear tight clothes as they can irritate your rash. Wear loose outfits made of breathable fabrics like cotton.
- Olive Oil-
- Extra virgin olive oil is full of Vitamin E and is a great moisturizer. It reduces itching, helps to heal and repair the allergic skin. This remedy is better than using the chemical-laden moisturizers.
- Baking Soda
- Baking soda is another very good home remedy for skin allergy. It helps in removing skin rashes, relieves itching and stops further skin inflammation. Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda in some water to make a paste. Apply to the affected area and leave it on for a few minutes. Rinse it with cool water. Make sure not to leave it for very long as baking soda can cause more irritation.
- Medicinal Plants and herbs (Neem, Aloe Vera, Basil, Calendula, Coriander) Aloe Vera has strong antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-irritant properties and thus it is one of the best to manage skin allergies. The fleshy gel of aloe is so soothing to the allergy. Tip- Make a paste of neem, basil, and coriander leaves and apply it on the affected parts. Leave it for 45 to 60 minutes and then rinse it with water. These are good to treat allergies. Also, it is best to extract fresh gel from the aloe plant and directly apply it on the allergy. Do not use soap or cleansers as it may contain harsh ingredients which can trigger the allergy.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- apple cider vinegar reduce itching, moisturizes skin and soothes the affected skin. It possesses antiseptic and anti-irritant properties. Apply the raw, organic vinegar over the affected area. Rinse it after a few minutes. For best results, apply this twice a day.
- A strong immune system is important to avoid allergies. It is best to lead a healthy lifestyle, eat a healthy diet, and do regular exercise avoid allergies.
If you have a skin problem that persists for long, always get it checked out by a skin doctor in bangalore– even if it gets a little better from home remedies. It could be a sign of a serious medical condition and thus you must undergo a skin rash allergy treatment in Bangalore from a renowned skin doctor.