In today’s world, most of the parents are working. As none of you can give time to the child throughout the day, you need to hire a nanny from an early stage. The nanny can stay with your baby 24/7 or only during the daytime as long as you don’t return from work.
Managing work and children can be really stressful. Let the nanny take off some stress. But you also have to consider a long list of factors before entrusting a professional with your little one.
- Decide the timing
Do you need the nanny only during your professional working hours or 24/7? If you have more or less fixed working hours, then it is always better to hire a nanny for the limited hours.
- It will help you to spend some private time with the family with no external interference.
- The child won’t miss the nanny much when you shift to some other location or go for a long vacation as a family.
Children have the most sensitive minds. As the newborn will develop a strong sense of bond with the nanny, you should make the baby understand that the person is professional to serve for a fixed number of hours.
- Background checking to hire a nanny
You will be allowing a person to spend the major time of the day with your child. You have to accept that the nanny will have much influence on shaping up the character of your child.
- Is the professional qualified enough to provide educated assistance?
- Does the person have any bad habits that the child can pick up easily?
- Does the nanny have any criminal record?
All these will b a part of the background check without which you cannit even make the list of potential candidates.
- Trial period consideration
You should hire the caregiver from a service provider who offers a trial period. During this period, you have to monitor the many closely and check a few points like
- The behavior of the nanny with your child
- How the child responds to the professional
- Is the child happy to stay with the person?
- Does the nanny like the job, or doing it for money only?
If you get positive outcomes from each of the above points, you can hire a nanny.
- Payment details
You must have a budget for hiring the professional. If the particular nanny whom you prefer among all the other candidates is quoting a higher price, take some time to analyze why. Ask the person to justify the charge. If you think the reasons are good enough, you can recruit, only if you don’t have a problem stretching the budget slightly.
Before hiring, it is very important to have a clear discussion with the nanny. You should explain
- Job role
- Duties everyday
- Things to do and also the things not to do.
If you hire a nanny, you must have a clear state of communication with the person. It will help to avoid unnecessary arguments in the future due to miscommunication.