Weight loss is often synonymously used with dieting or almost no eating, however very few are aware of the fact that weight loss is not about leaving food or skipping meals, instead, it is about planning and then following the simple diet routine without affecting or causing any loss to health.
Simple life modifications can assist you in losing weight and keeping it off. It’s important to lose weight gradually if you want to keep the pounds off in the long run. 3, 500 calories are equal to one pound of fat. You can lose around a pound each week by slashing 500 calories per day through food and exercise changes. If you merely need to maintain your current weight, cutting 100 calories per day will suffice to avoid the 1-2 pounds that most adults gain each year.
You can try adopting one or more painless weight loss methods without dieting to keep your body in check:
- Take your breakfast daily: Many people who have lost weight and kept it off have a habit of taking breakfast daily. While on the other front, many individuals firmly believe that skipping breakfast is a good method to lose weight, but however; they frequently end up eating more than usual throughout the day. People taking regular breakfast have lower BMIs compared to those skipping breakfast. It has also been noticed that those who take regular breakfast perform better at their personal and professional front. A bowl of whole-grain cereal or nutritious food will be a good start to your day.
- Kitchen is prohibited at night: It is like a must-follow rule for those eager to lose weight without dieting. It is highly recommended to fix a time for you when you will stop eating and will not give time to candies, sweets, or mindless snacking. Finish all your cravings for the day, and then brush your teeth, so that you will less likely feel tempting towards food.
- Take liquid Calories wisely: Sweetened beverages are high in calories, yet they don’t satisfy hunger the way solid foods do. Water, sparkling water with citrus, skim or low-fat milk, or small servings of 100 percent juice will quench your thirst. If you’re hungry in between meals, try a glass of healthful and low-calorie vegetable juice. However; keep an eye on your alcohol calories, since they can easily pile up. Limiting alcohol to the weekends can save a lot of calories if you consume a glass or two of wine or a cocktail every day.
- Focus on low-calorie vegetables and fruits: Eating a lot of low-calorie, high-volume fruits and vegetables on top of the meat and move them away from the center of your dish. Alternatively, begin your lunch or dinner with a vegetable salad or a broth-based soup. Instead of paying attention to the cookie jar; focus on highly nutritious low-calorie food.
- Catch up with a good environment: One of the simplest ways to control your calories is to catch up with a good environment, starting right from choosing the right restaurant to opting for a healthy plate. In short and understandable words, avoid the temptation by staying away from all-you-can-eat feelings. Before thinking of more food, wait for 15 minutes and drink a glass full of water.
- Use a timer for meals: For people who are concerned about overeating, slowing down their eating time is a good habit to develop. Many people find that setting a timer and stretching the meal out to fit a specific length of time, such as 20 minutes every meal, is beneficial. This aids in the release of hormones that alert your body to the fact that you are full. You can also learn to savor and relish the taste of food, which can be more satisfying than eating large servings.
And at last, celebrate your successful changes, if you find yourself working on these recommendations. Whenever you find your weight under control, and moving firmly towards a new successful step for your weight, give yourself a pat on your back, as well, and celebrate that with your friends, without breaking your weight-loss mission guidelines.