Did you know that a high percentage of fires that occur in industrial kitchens are related to the lack of commercial kitchen cleaning? The accumulation of grease in the exhaust ducts and the extractor hoods and their filters makes these elements ignite more easily than if kept in good maintenance and hygiene conditions. Thus, commercial kitchen cleaning is not only essential for health reasons but also for safety. Thanks to this, we will not only avoid diseases but also fires.
The kitchens of bars, restaurants, hotels, soup kitchens, and school centers are facilities that, in and of themselves. Being at the service of the public, must comply with a series of hygiene and disinfection requirements. Unfortunately, they are not always up to the task because areas make daily cleaning not as comfortable as it should be, causing greasy waste to accumulate in the kitchen fume extraction.
This type of element must be thoroughly cleaned at least twice a year with specific products that guarantee good hygiene. And the same happens with the extractor hoods, which must be cleaned with special machines to reach every corner. and change filters when necessary. Otherwise, we are at great risk of ignition and a terrible fire.
Of course, commercial kitchen cleaning is also essential because they are handling and preparing food that will be consume and that, if they have been in contact with dirt or microorganisms, can pose a serious health risk. In this sense, cleaning the floors and all the equipment and utensils used to store and prepare food is key.
It must be taken into account that industrial kitchens are places where food is stored that is spoiling, so disinfection is necessary to avoid the appearance of unwanted situations that can directly affect public health.
Commercial kitchen cleaning companies go a thorough cleaning carried out with machines and specialized professionals. The difference is that they cater to all commercial kitchen cleaning and maintenance needs that may arise and comply with the required regulations to avoid penalties or, worse, the closure of the business in the event of a health inspection.
And it is not only about giving a good impression to the client regarding the gallery but also about fulfilling our responsibility and offering an environment that meets the optimal hygiene conditions for this type of space.
Food should be washed as usual. Respiratory viruses do not usually reproduce through the digestive tract, as this study points out, and according to the European Food Safety Authority, there are no known cases of contagion through food, so it is not necessary to wash it with disinfectant.
However, the coronavirus can linger for hours or days on surfaces, such as plastic, stainless steel, copper or cardboard, so food packaging and containers should be disposed of carefully or sanitized.
All commonly used surfaces must be constantly disinfected. Bars, tables, floors, etc., as we already pointed out in this list of necessary adaptations in kitchens in the face of the pandemic. Chlorine, hydrogen peroxide and alcohol serve to kill corona-virus on surfaces.
Useful Tips to Keep Commercial Kitchen Clean
Here are few tips to keep the industrial kitchen clean. Have a look!
- Clean and dry the floor of the premises every 30 minutes, as long as no food has been spilled or it is dirty due to regular business activity. During commercial kitchen cleaning the floor is not only aesthetically important, it also prevents staff and customers from slipping.
- Clean the tables and the bar constantly, even if they have not been used, since dust can accumulate.
- Bathrooms should be cleaned every 30 minutes. Many customers believe that there is a direct relationship between hygiene in the bathroom and hygiene in the kitchen.
- The kitchen area should be cleaned every 60 minutes, and dirty dishes should be prevented from accumulating. As soon as they reach the kitchen, the remaining food must be removed and put in the dishwasher; in this way we will keep them away from bacteria.
- When handling food, wear gloves when necessary and clean utensils and surfaces whenever working with new food. In this way, risks of contamination are reduced.
- Nor should we forget the fact that there are always flammable products, such as grease or cleaning products, which should never be placed near the fire. The kitchen must always be kept perfectly tidy and clean.
- Last but not least, it is necessary to carry out an exhaustive control of pests, if necessary, with the support of third-party companies specialized in commercial kitchen cleaning.
- With these little tips and applying for an order and work processes, restaurants and other types of gastronomic services will be able to shine with their own light.