Madhuri Dixit is a stalwart when it comes to Hindi Film Industry. She started her acting journey in the 80s with the drama film Abodh and hasn’t stopped since. Throughout her almost 4 decades-long acting career, she has earned many accolades including 4 Best Actress Filmfare Awards and a Padma Shree by the Government of India. Madhuri Dixit was unbeatable when it came to commercial success throughout the 90s and reached the pinnacle of her career in 1994 with the massive success of Suraj Barjatya directed musical Hum Aapke Hain Koun.
Following are 5 of the best romantic movies starring Madhuri Dixit. Install vidmate app for a smooth viewing experienceof them
- Tezaab:Tezaab is a 1988 Romantic Thriller Film directed by N. Chandra. The film proved to be a big break for Madhuri’s career as it was a huge Box Office success at the time. It was also the highest-grossing Hindi film of the year. Madhuri Dixit featured opposite Anil Kapoor in this film and portrayed a dancer at a local nightclub who falls in love with Anil’s character.
- Ram Lakhan: Released in 1989, Ram Lakhan marks one of the earliest appearances of the much-loved duo Anil Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit. Directed by Subhash Ghai, it follows the two titular brothers: Ram and Lakhan, whose father gets killed in an elaborate plan by the cruel Bishamber Nath, leaving their mother Sharda widowed. It starts a complex chain of events that results in the two brothers finally avenging their father’s death. Madhuri plays Lakhan’s love interest in the film.
- Dil: Released in 1990, Dil is a Madhuri Dixit and Aamir Khan starrer Romantic Drama film. Another major success at the box office, Dixit’s portrayal of a rich and cocky girl who marries a less wealthy boy garnered her praise from critics and audiences alike. Madhuri went on to win her career’s first Filmfare Award for best actress with this film. It was also her first appearance with the megastar Aamir Khan.
- Dil To Pagal Hai:Yash Chopra’s Romantic Musical Dil To Pagal Hai was released in 1997. It features an ensemble cast of Shah Rukh Khan, Karishma Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit, and Akshay Kumar. The film’s plot follows the love triangle of two childhood friends, Pooja (Dixit) and Nisha (Kapoor), who both develop feelings for Rahul (Khan). Akshay plays the role of Ajay, Pooja’s other childhood friend, who secretly falls in love with her.
- Devdas:Devdas is a 2002 Romantic Drama film starring Shah Rukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai, and Madhuri Dixit. Screenplay by Sanjay Leela Bhansali adapted from the 1917 novel of the same name by Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay. The film narrates the story of Devdas portrayed by Khan, who descents into alcoholism after rejection and finds solace in the golden-hearted Chandramukhi played by Dixit.
These were 5 of the best and most celebrated romantic films of Madhuri Dixit. Madhuri has always been a strong force in the industry. All of these films are available to download on the Vidmate app. You can install vidmate through its official website.